2.11.2011

4 months of love! :)

Reese started her 4th month with colds and what I thought was a possible ear infection. So, I took her in to check. She weighed in at 11 lbs. 10 oz. at 3 months, (and I measured her around 24.5 inches which is probably not the most accurate). The doctor took a look, and even though she squirmed and cried when he checked one of her ears, he said she looked good. Apparently, babies can get pressure in their ears that comes and goes. We haven't had that problem since then, so hopefully it's gone!

At her 4 month appointment, Reese had gained a little weight and grown a bit more! She measured in at 26 inches (still 95%) and weighed 12 lbs. 6 oz. (40%) with a 16.5 inch head measurement (75%). She has grown 5 inches in 4 months! She's still a string bean, and her head is still a little above average, but we have concluded that's simply for that advanced brain. :)

As far as her development... she loves to stand! In fact, when being pulled up to a seated position, she plants her feet and stands up! She holds her head up very well and started rolling over (first time - 1/12/11) and laughing out loud (first time - 1/24/11)! I would say she is considered a "supported sitter" at this time, but she sat on her own for a couple of minutes last weekend (2/5/11). She is working on making new sounds too. She loves to talk, and the newest sounds in her vocab include squeals (almost a whistle pitch -- started 2/7/11) and "mmm" (started 2/8/11). I have heard what sounds like "muh muh" a couple of different times when she had gotten fussy, but I haven't counted it yet. It's close, and I am certainly hoping "mama" will be her first word. She's such a joy! And she really is a happy baby -- we are so incredibly blessed with an amazing baby! It really is amazing how much I am able to love her!

The last few weeks have given me some ups and downs. As some may know, I'm no longer employed with the City of Clemson. It was a bittersweet ending, but an ending all the same. I am currently looking for another part-time job, but until I find something else, I am trying to simply enjoy time with Reese when she's here. She is still in daycare 2 days a week (to keep her spot and to keep her in her routine). I think having those days to get other things done around the house, I feel really blessed to be able to just enjoy her. So if you know of any part-time jobs in the Clemson area (or that I could do from home) please let me know!

In the meantime... I will be here with enjoying my growing and developing baby girl! :)

No comments: