I guess it started shortly after I could feel the baby moving around. But as she has grown and gotten stronger, I am falling more in love with watching my belly move!
Now granted -- I am not seeing a foot or hand pressing out yet, but she is a strong little girl. And at this point, she is moving with enough "gusto" to make my stomach bounce around quite a bit!
Last week (week 25) was the first time that I thought: you know, it will be nice to have my body back... to not have this ever growing belly, and not have something slowing me down and keeping me so dang hot this summer. But even with that thought going through my mind from time to time, I still can't get over how cool it is to see her move. I know it will be much different when she gets here, but she is already amazing me with how she seems to be all over the place!
Most of the time she moves a little higher than my belly button (usually towards my right side). But she also squirms around in my lower abdominal area, and at times, it feels like she is using my bladder as a punching bag. I wish that I could see her moving around. Because while it is sometimes pretty obvious that she's punching or kicking, there are other times when I can't decide what in the world she could be doing in there... it's as if she is dancing around doing the worm or simply shaking her whole body. I am anticipating a time in the next few months when the movement will be less "fun" for me -- more of a pain than a joy. But until she starts making my insides hurt... I'm going to enjoy every moment of it!
I know it may not seem that cool to most people that my new pastime is watching my belly to watch my baby move. But to me, I can't think of a more enjoyable way to spend my spare time. :)
1 comment:
it was ALWAYS my favorite thing, even at the end and even in the middle of the night :-) i also very rarely got a painful kick or punch either, but a lot of squirming, spinning, and rolling. so amazing :-)
Post a Comment