6.17.2010

We're having a HEAT wave... and I'm not a fan!

I will start by saying that things are still going well. The heat, however, is not a friend of mine! The high temperatures have not fallen below 90 in over a week now... and it looks like they are going to stick around even longer (another week at least). Obviously the humidity here in SC does not help ANYTHING! And I am doing my best to stay inside and hydrated... but it's still HOT! The scary part to me is that we aren't even officially into the summer yet. And these temperatures are a lot more common in the "dog days" of summer -- typically in mid-late July through mid-late August. With June highs now in the 90s (about 10 degrees higher than the average), I think I will need to invest in a lot of tank tops and shorts/skirts to prepare for the July-August months... especially since I will enter and sweat through my third trimester around that time!

So I guess that the opening sentence should be changed to read... except for the heat, things are going well! :) I had another doctor's appointment last week. It was fairly short, and pretty basic. I gave the normal sample, blood pressure check, and weight check. I was given "homework" at this last visit -- a glucose test that should be performed between now and July 11. I was told that the test is a normal procedure at this point in the pregnancy, and I should allow 2 hours to complete it. Hopefully, it won't take THAT long. But I'll keep you posted! The rest of the appointment consisted of listening to sweet peas heartbeat. The difference was that this visit didn't require any searching to find the swooshing of her heartbeat, and it sounded much stronger/louder than the previous visits. And I had my belly (or uterus) measured. Dr. Shelley explained that at this point, the measurement taken (in cm) should be within 1-2 cm of the week of the pregnancy. So, at the visit, I was 23.5 weeks along and measured 25 cm. According to Dr. Shelley, that's perfect! So, I'll go with it!

I'm so thankful for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby thus far! May the next 3.5 months be just as enjoyable! :)

No comments: