As the next couple of weeks approach, I find myself wondering when she will make her debut. How and how long will labor and delivery go? What date and time will she choose to make her arrival? What will she look like – from hair and eye color to facial shape and hair length? How much will she weight and how long will she measure? I’m certainly ready to meet her!
I find myself thinking about the next steps too. Is there anything else that needs to be done before baby is born? Dusty would say that I have definitely been nesting in the last week or so. But when I’m cleaning and rearranging, I don’t know that it’s completely necessary. So, does that mean we’re ready!? I know that no one can really prepare us for what it will be like to be parents. It’s a huge life change… we know. But it’s not even something that can really be prepared because there are still so many unknowns.
I’m definitely a “type A” personality, so the waiting and unknown isn’t something that I’m a fan of by any means. But I am trying to tell myself to relax and let that whole control thing go… it’s not like I have much of a choice. I know that she will come when she’s ready; I would just like to have an idea of when that is going to be.
She certainly hasn’t calmed down in there at all! She obviously doesn’t have the space to kick and punch like she used to… but that hasn’t stopped her from squirming and trying her best to stretch out in there! I’m still very thankful she’s active, but I am not enjoying her recent activity as much as I did in the beginning. I have felt much more movement lower down, even though she hasn't committed to dropping yet. And I am feeling some cramping from time to time... usually it's not very painful. But from what the doc said last week, that's what I want to feel. Her movements make my ribs hurt though. Even when she isn't pressing against them, they feel kind of sore thanks to the continuous pushing she tends to do.
Sleeping is becoming something that only happens every other day or so. I typically fall asleep with no problems, but several times a week, I have problems falling back asleep after getting up to use the bathroom during the middle of the night. I have had several nights where I lay in the bed for 3 hours or so without being able to sleep… and the tendency is for that to happen every other night during the week. This pattern of course doesn’t help me out. I’m already tired and not sleeping makes me a little more on edge than I would be otherwise.
The swelling also continues. My feet and ankles have been particularly puffy lately. And my poor fingers continue to be sore from the extra fluid that has taken residency in my knuckles. But I know the end is in sight! I even got a preview of it this morning! Yesterday, I wore tennis shoes all afternoon and evening (I even had to tighten the laces at one point). At small group, I kept my feet propped up on a stool the entire time I was there. And when I went to bed, I put 2 couch pillows under the sheets and kept my feet up all night. This morning… I woke up and looked down to find the skinniest ankles and feet I have seen in months! I was so excited about them I took pictures! For those who don’t understand… I’m posting the comparison of what I have been used to and what I have missed.
"the Norm" (these days)

"the missed"

I know that sweet pea could come anytime at this point. But I also know that first babies don’t tend to be early. However, I am holding on to the hope that maybe she’ll want to join the rest of us September babies and make her entrance into this world a few days early. Whenever she gets here, one thing's for sure… I’ll be ready and ecstatic to meet her!
No comments:
Post a Comment